What is DMARC?
Cyber-attacks have advanced and increased in unethical practices like email spamming. Multiple IT companies across the globe have become a victim of phishing attacks costing them a huge loss of over millions of dollars per year! Around 90% of data breaches happen due to phishing emails. It is surveyed that $6 trillion will be the global cost of cybercrimes in the year 2021. With a vision to overcome such problems, DMARC implementation was brougt in light to protect email domains from unauthorized usage like email spoofing.
DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication Reporting Conformance) has two key authentication standards DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) and SPF (Sender Policy Framework). These authentication key standards have three basic purposes:
- To ensure that the sender’s email messages are secured by both key authentication standards, SPF and DKIM.
- Send out orders to receiving mail servers in the situation when neither of the authentication methods passes.
- It gives a path to the receiving server to revert the sender about messages that pass or fail the DMARC assessment.
DMARC record is an important part of the implementation process under which the DMARC record rulesets are determined. This DMARC record informs email recipients if a domain is DMARC ensured or not. Users can start using this email authentication protocol by implementing a DMARC DNS record. The chain of this record system further goes on to the email receivers who have adopted this protocol as well. The mails can be monitored with respect to the implied policy in which the message is either moved to the junk folder or rejected. In any case, the user is informed of the report of the mail. Meanwhile, SPF allows the email sender to determine which all IP addresses have the access to send email to a domain whereas, DKIM provides encrypted key and digital signature which verifies whether the email address was forged or changed.
Why is KDMARC important for your business in DMARC implementation?
KDMARC by Kratikal is an email authentication and anti-spoofing product that helps the organization in setting up and generating new security solutions for email domains to enhance the email deliverability. This tool lets domain owners disallow or permit IP addresses within a few seconds and without any complexity. KDMARC benefits business domain administrators in easily accessing the statistics of security of their emails, together with real-time action on incurring sources of threats.
While on the other hand, setting up a DMARC record for the first time or without any analyzer turns the whole process tedious and time taking. There could be chances of incorrect configuration and updates in DMARC due to which the emails that fail the authentication test would get no action. Not only does KDMARC generate DMARC records but it also offers dynamic SPF. For instance, if a company connects with a new domain and gets a new IP address, the changes in updates of DMARC takes time. This, in turn, would misguide the other company into believing that email is not a legitimate one. KDMARC’s dynamic SPF feature provides access to SPF and helps in automatically updating it anytime.
While acquiring a new domain it is important to ensure that all the incoming mails are legitimate in nature, thus the automatic update of SPF becomes necessary.
How to generate DMARC records using KDMARC?
KDMARC provides users a convenient threat analysis for the domain. With four simple steps for proper DMARC implementation, KDMARC delivers domain’s summary record of the past seven days together with the threat incurred:
Following are the four steps that the tool follows:
- Check DMARC record
- Generate DMARC record
- Update DMARC record on your DNS
- See your report on your Dashboard
When it comes to the best features and services for your business, KDMARC offers ample benefits such as:
- Get an organized email structure policy for dealing with messages that fail to authenticate.
- Complete security of the email domain from phishing and fraudulent activities.
- Protection from email tampering.
- KDMARC offers delivery of exact modern plumbing, which mega-companies use.
- Easy to discover emails across vast growing footprints of DMARC-capable receivers.
- Protection of your customers and prevention from brand abuse.
- Obtain full insight into your email channel.
- Increase in deliverability of your emails.
- Detect and defend email spoofing.
- KDMARC prohibits malware attacks.
- Boosts email engagement rates.